start a program
Bring Raising A Reader’s turn-key and flexible program to your community. When you join the network of national Affiliates you will receive our support every step of the way. Together, we will help children become kindergarten ready and 3rd grade reading proficient.
1. CONTACT RAR
First, let’s start a conversation and learn more about your needs, answer your questions, and work together to bring Raising A Reader to your community.
Contact Raising A Reader National at 650-489-0550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. CREATE A PLAN
Together we will think about success for your organization:
- How will Raising A Reader support your agency’s goals for language development, school readiness, early literacy, parent involvement, family bonding, etc.?
- How many children do you hope to reach in year 1? In subsequent years?
- What age ranges will the program serve?
- Through which agency will Raising A Reader operate?
- Do you have the needed financial and program resources?
- How can the local public library become a partner?
3. START A PROGRAM
- You have spoken with a Raising A Reader staff member.
- You understand what the Raising A Reader program is all about.
- You have developed your plan and budget.
You are now ready to improve early child literacy rates and spread the joy of book sharing to families in your community. We look forward to welcoming you to our network!