Raising A Reader’s National Office seeks talented professionals committed to realizing the organization’s vision.
Advancement Manager, Raising A Reader National Office
Raising A Reader ® is a 501 (c)(3) supporting organization of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation. The organization’s mission is to engage parents in a routine of daily “book cuddling” with their children aged 0-8, to foster healthy brain development, parent-child bonding and the literacy skills critical for school success.
Raising A Reader establishes, supports and trains licensed affiliate organizations to implement a parent involvement “read aloud” program anchored to research about human behavior and understanding of social sector change. The organization works with a number of publishers and vendors to produce training materials and book bag kits tailored to a variety of age, cultural and language demographics.
The current emphasis on the importance of early childhood literacy provides RAR the opportunity to expand its presence in the industry and venture into new areas that also supports RAR’s mission. The Advancement team supports the establishment of new affiliates and supports the expansion of existing affiliates. The Advancement Manager is responsible for new sales, identifying new opportunities, and working closely with others on the team on following up on potential leads. The Advancement Manager reports to the Director Strategic Advancement and Partnerships.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Advancement & Partnerships the individual in this role will:
- Meet and exceed defined revenue goals
- Prospect new business using social media, networking opportunities, calling prospect lists, etc.
- Generate new leads
- Set up appointments with prospective and existing customers to promote RAR offerings
- Successfully transition newly acquired customers to the Programs team, working closely to enhance customer satisfaction
- Clearly communicate program and product effectiveness and quality
- Effectively sell and promote RAR programs and products
- Update customer information in Salesforce
- Generate sales reports each week and submit to management for review
- Attend trade shows, conferences and events to accumulate new leads and make productive contact with existing clients.
- Work closely with the Strategic Partnerships and Programs team to identify new partners, understand industry trends, and meaningfully engage with schools and other community organizations.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to improve marketing materials and expand RAR’s marketing presence in potential growth areas
- Effectively track and analyze metrics and ROI
- Stay current on state and national educational issues, assisting in identifying potential opportunities for growth
- Communicate effectively with staff and team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Ideal courses in business, psychology, management, marketing and/or communication)
- 1-3 years’ proven success in sales of intangible products, consistently meeting or exceeding revenue targets desirable
- Entrepreneurial spirit and track record, with ability to develop and drive a nascent sales process from plan to close
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills at multiple levels
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Exceptional written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Strong customer-facing, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Up to 50% travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics and the physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and what you would bring to Raising A Reader National Office. Please provide a cover and resume in your application.
Application deadline: open until filled.
Raising A Reader National Office/Silicon Valley Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.Raising A Reader/Silicon Valley Community Foundation does not pursue sponsorship of work visas for foreign nationals
National Reach. Local Impact.
At over 2,700 locations around the country, a Raising A Reader site is making a difference in your community.