2019 National Institute: Call for Proposals
Call for Workshop Proposals: Deadline August 30, 2019
Calling all Coordinators, Implementers and Influencers!
Raising A Reader 2019 National Coordinator Institute
November 6-7, 2019 | Redwood City, CA
Theme: 20 years of Changing Children’s Lives Through Literacy
The call for workshop proposals for the Raising A Reader 2019 National Coordinator Institute is now open. Notification of proposal selections will be made by September 15, 2019. Submit your proposal here.
Deadline for Submissions: August 30, 2019
Raising A Reader’s National Coordinator Institute brings together approximately 75-100 seasoned and emerging RAR leaders from across the country in a community of learners focused on deepening the knowledge base of RAR’s program aims (brain development, early language and literacy development, family engagement, intrinsic motivation), addressing issues facing the field of early childhood, and developing skills to improve local programming and practices that support children and families.
RAR invites proposals that:
- Address current challenges faced by RAR leaders and are solution-oriented
- Engage attendees in stimulating activities and discussion
- Present new approaches and fresh outlooks on one or more of RAR’s program aims supported by research
- Help participants turn ideas into action
- Address the needs of RAR leaders (Coordinators, Implementers, Support Staff) focused on quality improvement in serving children and families
Strong proposals address topics of high interest to attendees. Such topics may include:
- Innovations of the Raising A Reader program
- Case studies of successful community collaborations and/or local/regional/national partnerships
- Demonstrations of successful program growth and scale
- Emerging trends in one of RAR’s program aims (brain development, early language and literacy development, family engagement, intrinsic motivation)
- Supporting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
All workshops will be delivered in 1-hour sessions. Workshop proposals are encouraged to include:
- Information dissemination,
- Participant interaction,
- Discussion and/or reflection regarding topic
- Hands-on activities
This opportunity is open to all current RAR Affiliates, including Coordinators, Implementers and/or Supporters. Collaborative proposals between two or more RAR Affiliates are also encouraged.
Free registration and travel stipend for presenters:
All presenters at Raising A Reader’s National Coordinator Institute will receive FREE registration and a travel stipend. Registration and travel stipend for presenters will be sent after proposals are selected.
RAR will provide an LCD projector, screen, flipcharts and markers for all workshops. Laptops, sound patches, and other equipment must be provided by the presenter.
For more information, contact Rebecca Armstrong: email@example.com.
Support Raising A Reader
Make a donation today to increase reading habits for children and families.
Give us your time
There are opportunities to volunteer at our east coast and west coast offices.
Partner with us
Join the group of agencies that deliver the program to their communities.