I Am Raising A Reader v2
Information for Families
Since 1999, Raising A Reader has helped over a million families develop, practice, and maintain home-based literacy routines that have been linked to academic and life success.
As a parent, we know you want your children to have the very best experiences—the kind they will need to help them grow and develop. But it is not always easy to know what’s best. There are so many “experts”, so much technology, and so little time. We’re here to help. Whether you have participated in Raising A Reader before or not, you can join I Am Raising A Reader v2, our new family-friendly digital program.
I Am Raising A Reader v2 can meet the diverse needs of your family by reaching you right in your home and allowing you to engage at your convenience.
November 27, 2017 – January 5, 2018
Sustain reading habits and support families over the winter break
In order to participate, families will need:
- An email address or cell phone number that is used regularly
- A mailing address
- To take a short survey at the end of the 6-week program
Benefits of Joining
Through the I Am Raising A Reader v2 program, parents and caregivers will experience the joy of sharing books with their children by:
- Using fun, easy, and “real-life” research based practices
- Captivating their child’s interest and bringing their family together through Raising A Reader approved print and digital resources
- Engaging with the program materials in their home (or wherever they are!) at their convenience and on their schedule
Parent interviews indicated that this type of program likely fills a real need for families—i.e. a need and ‘desire’ for reading/academic activities and materials to engage their children during the summer that is not part of a formal program.Marc Stein, Ph.D.
This program helped my kids to learn new things over the summer. It kept words in front of them!Participating Parent
Support Raising A Reader
Make a donation today to impact
reading habits for children and families.
Partner with us
Join the group of agencies that deliver
the program to their communities.